Pacquiao-Mayweather: The Fight is on...NOT!!



Yesterday morning when I opened my Yahoo Messenger, I came upon this News Article . A frustrating day for all fans waiting for this fight (including me). I mean, what the hell is wrong with Mayweather? Is he that scared to face Pacquiao? Yes, I am rooting for Pacquiao since I am a Filipino but sometimes you need to take a hard look at things and this time, I just can't understand Mayweather. I believe that Pacquiao's offer to 3 blood tests, including a post-fight test is very much reasonable. Mayweather's been pushing for random blood testing and when you say random, it is really random..We all know what happened to Manny during his first fight with Erik Morales, way back 2005(?).. He was subjected to a blood test days before the fight and yes folks, blood tests can really affect one's performance. I'm just airing out my disappointments. I guess almost every boxing fan out there is waiting for this bout to happen. But I believe, the chances are getting slimmer. But who knows, maybe a miracle will happen (hopefully)

When the dust settles, it all boils to down to pride and money. Mayweather thinks highly of himself and looks down on Pacquiao. But I do hope that he walks his talk and prove it on the ring and not on the podium. Sometimes, it leaves you wondering if he is really a fighter or just a businessman . Still, Im hoping that its not too late for this fight, I really don't care who wins or lose, just watching these 2 fighters clash is such a sight to behold. If this materializes, I'm gonna apply for a PPV.

0 comments: